Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pumped Up

I was e-mailing with a good friend earlier today about being back on the run and back on the blog. She is highly supportive of my endeavour and just had to ask: "Where do you get your energy from?"

Truth is ... I fake it 'til I make it.

That's right. I find running - and working out, in general - to be largely an exercise in tricking myself to actually do it. If I think about it too much, I just won't go. So I get dressed, put the shoes on, find my hat and get outside before I can even start to process what exactly is happening. (Ha ha. Stupid brain!)

The reward? A day like today. 

I was exhausted when I got home from work. Getting back to work after a long break sure is tough! I'm still coping with being back on a schedule and not having the convenience to pull a snack out of my fridge any ol' time I feel like it. But I had some dinner, watched some TV and then worked my way to the gym in our apartment building to run a Zone 3 workout on the treadmill.

After more than 45 minutes and nearly 7 km later, I had plenty of energy left to come back upstairs and dance in my kitchen. With all the windows open and neighbours looking on. And my husband laughing at me as if I were crazy.

Pumped Up Kicks.  Messed up lyrics but fun to dance to.

2 comments:

  1. Kitchen dance parties are the best! And I love this song. Way to go lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB! I hadn't had a kitchen dance party in awhile. It was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete