Friday, December 30, 2016

Running Round-Up: End of Year Musings Edition

Proof that I was out there! 
#RunEngland and Gear
My husband and I were recently in England to spend time with family and enjoy the holidays. I even managed to get a couple of runs in while we were there: a nice and relaxed 8k, and a 3k fartlek run. Miracle.  

Overall though, I definitely fell off the training wagon over Christmas, but am raring to go now that I'm home. I've also picked up some new gear to help me out: some traction aids, given the irritatingly persistent snow and icy conditions on the west coast, and a new fuel belt for when my training runs start to go up in distance. I've never had a real fuel belt before - just a makeshift one, where I attached two portable fuel bottles onto my water bottle belt - so this is a little exciting for me. My first real fuel belt!

Final Note for 2016
2016's obviously been a hard year for so many reasons. Going into 2017, I'd like to remember this, courtesy of this year's Doctor Who Christmas special (thank you, Steven Moffat and Peter Capaldi):
Everything ends, and it’s always sad. But everything begins again too, and that’s always happy. Be happy. 
Happy New Year, friends. May your 2017 be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment