Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Random Awesomeness

This has been a crazy and unusual week so far, and it's only Wednesday.

On Monday, I made a big career decision, ran 23 km, and then attended my final ever graduate-level class. Tuesday, Mike Gillis was fired as Vancouver Canucks' GM and President. Today, Trevor Linden (one of the great Canucks hockey players, who retired from the game six years ago) was named Canucks' President of Hockey Operations, and I received approval on my final thesis revisions, which means I can submit my thesis to the university library and it's done!

Okay, so a lot of that isn't necessarily about me, but this is a hockey-crazy town, and I'm also a big Trevor Linden fan, so all that Canucks news is kind of a big deal

Beyond that, all I can say is... huh. The craziness of life. How about that?

From today's press conference: Trevor Linden excited to get started as the Canucks new President

This week's long run was the first I've done in over a month - not a strategy I would recommend for anyone. But I realized I had to try if I wanted to get back on track for marathon #5

Last weekend was essentially the "drop-dead" date for me; if I couldn't get 23 km in, I wouldn't be able to move up the mileage in time for May. Hence, the cramming. Again, totally not recommended, but I'm doing the best I can given that these past few months have been so time strapped and the fact that I stubbornly do not want to let my BMO Vancouver Marathon registration go to waste!

This week's long run: 23 km. Weather: perfect for spring running, at 12°C and partly sunny. Feeling: like I'm way undertrained, but that wasn't a surprise. I'm also hopeful that I'll be able to salvage these last few weeks left in the training schedule to run a somewhat decent marathon in May. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment