Sunday, June 9, 2013

Rain, Rain, Come Again

I've been waiting for a weekend like this. It's been cloudy and overcast and raining ... and it was just what I needed to re-energize

While everyone else moans about how gloomy the weather has turned, I haven't been able to get enough of it. Sunny and 10°C is great, because it's still cool. But as soon as it turns sunny and 20°C in Vancouver, people lose their minds and head out to the seawall and beaches en masse. 

It's fine. I mean, I get it. This is the downfall of having to live in a city that is so beautiful. But I've never been a "crowds" kind of person; being around too many people at any given time stresses me out and makes my blood pressure go up. I guess that's why I've always preferred running by myself, charting running routes away from the popular tourist hot spots around town, and avoiding the Sun Run altogether. I am an introvert, at heart.

But I've been stoked about this weather all weekend. The showers deter fair-weather city-dwellers, tourists, dog-walkers, and families from being outside, which means not having to jockey for space, dodge baby strollers, or swerve around errant dog leashes. The clouds and breeze keep things nice and cool and help to ensure no overheating takes place.

In short: it's been awesome.

Today's run: 13 km. Weather: freaking brilliant, as per blog post. Feeling: amazing. 
---

Since I did not have my camera with my on today's run (big surprise), I'm sharing some old pics I took a few years ago while out on runs in similar weather. Love how the greys help to accentuate the blues and reds. Great lighting.


Group kayaking, English Bay.

Lone kayaking, False Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment